Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Morning Quarterback: Mash-up Edition

Hmm...it's Monday evening, which kind of puts an interesting slant on the blog post title. I'm looking around the living room, wondering if anyone's fed the cats and if it's time to take the white tulips that were so pretty on St Patrick's Day and lay them to rest in the compost heap (YES!). One kid is practicing her cello & the other is off with the husband at a Boy Scout meeting. I can hear the pink cat clock ticking and the G-scale, over & over again...
Kit-Kat Clock 
All of which has left me in a contemplative mood, though it's possible a severe case of sleep deprivation and the lovely glass of Hedges pinot grigio at my side is helping that along. I've read a whole lot of blogs over the last couple of weeks, and, while my evaluative faculties might be a little foggy. I thought I'd pass along a few that were worth a second look.

(You guys would totally laugh if you could see how long it's taking me to get this post done. I keep getting distracted by FB & Twitter & Pinterest. Sigh.)

Back on task. The first post I want you to check out is from blogger and writer Sidney Bristol. She and her friend Suzan are doing a series of posts in which they share their on-line dating ups & downs. And it's mostly downs, if this post is any indication. 
Be careful out there, ladies. Sidney Bristol's Flirty Fridays

Next, you should definitely check out Proudly Paranormal, Baby!, by blogger and writer Adriana Ryan. Not only did she coordinate the Proudly Paranormal Blog Hop, which was a whole lot of fun for everyone involved, she's celebrating the release of Her Heart's Desire. It's her first book, and looks like a great read.


For those of you who were paying attention, the interwebs have been buzzing with talk about employers who are demanding Facebook log-ins as a precondition of employment. Check out my friend Amanda's take on the subject, in her post Privacy? What's that?

Then here's a link for those of you who never met a four-letter-word you didn't like. The author describes what it's like to go back and take the SAT as an adult. It's killer funny, but it does make me feel kinda guilty for putting the daughter through the private-school testing rigamarole. And of course, she doesn't know any of those words....
What happens when a 35-year-old man retakes the SAT?


And finally, you'll have to indulge me a little by checking out a link to my very favorite Pinterest board, Johnny Depp & Stuff ... The common denominator is magic. Yes, it's my own board, but I gave it a tag-line that I really like, and I found some really cool pins in the last couple weeks. Give it a look, and follow along if you like it.
Peace,
Liv

Johnny Depp in Black & White

12 comments:

  1. Lots of good stuff to read. Love me some Johnny Depp. Have not done the pinterest thing. Can.not.get.sucked.in.

    I will be checking out these blogs! Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for such a great & varied collection of links. I missed some of these, so this will give me a chance to catch up. I too, start a blog post only to get distracted by all the bling on the internet, especially when I'm off looking for pics to go with the post. I so plan on joining Pinterest soon; it's pulling & tugging me like a giant riptide. Off to check out Johnny Depp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm psyched to read these posts. I haven't seen one of them and am particularly intrigued by the 35-year old man taking the SAT. I already have seen your growing Johnny Depp Pinterest board. I admit it took me a moment to understand the title but once I thought about it, I really liked it. Damn, Pinterest is a huge mind-suck that I can't seem to pass by without being pulled in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you SURE about that, Jillian? Pinterest is a whole lot of fun...
    Thanks!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Pinterest is a huge mind-suck that I can't seem to pass by..."
    No kidding, Sara! It's hugely fun, but you gotta be careful how you approach it. Now I know you're a grown-up, Elaine, and you won't get too obsessed. Right?
    Thanks gals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I love this post. Johnny Depp was my very first crush, when I fell in love with 21 Jump Street! :D And could that Kit Kat clock be any cuter?! The Pinterest board link didn't work for me. :( It gave me a 404 error. Thank you soooo much for the shoutout--you're awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm...Pinterest gave me a 404 error too just now. I swear it was working the other night. Anyway, thanks, Adriana, for checking out the post. I hope things are going well with Her Heart's desire!
    btw...the clock was my Christmas present from the husband...
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE Johnny Depp ~ since 21 Jumpstreet, as well. He looks so sexy in black & white!

    Got to watch him work when he was filming Cry Baby at my middle school way back when. I may have to write a blog post about that!

    Great links, Liv!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Johnny Depp Pinterest board? Hmmm... I'm gonna have to check THAT out. Thanks for providing even MORE distractions, Liv. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You saw him in person, Kim?! That's too cool. And yes, Tami, I'm all about the distractions.
    ;)
    Thanks guys...

    ReplyDelete
  11. So funny that link on taking the SAT test-tears laughing. I already swiped some pins from you this morning. I think one was a Johnny Depp I didn't have. Our minds think alike I see.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clearly we think alike, Cora. I raid from your pinterest finds about as often as you tag mine.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete